Saturday 25 October 2008

Wonderful support

Hey all, thank you so much for your well wishes and prayers. This last week I've been in a sort of daze, going through the motions and nothing more. My grandmother did get out of the hospital and is doing much better, though there were some rough patches while that was going on. Thankfully, things are better now.

Perhaps because of my emotional turmoil, and stress, but I've been doing a lot of spinning lately. The result is some very nice yarn, but even better, I was able to achieve some emotional blankness that was very welcome. I've also done quite a bit of crochet and knitting... I have a lot of updates for both my Etsy store and Ravelry.

Which brings me to another thing. I did not manage to post once at all this week, which is grossly unfair to those of you who have been reading. starrypurplehaze, I have not managed to send out your yarn, though I did get your address, and I have a proposal to make.

I'd like to make the second to the last week and this upcoming week count for one big, last prize. I would post more, and there would be double to the amount of yarn to send off. People who have commented in the last week, your comments would count towards this last drawing (if that makes sense).

I think this is only fair, because I didn't give people much of a chance to comment. Hopefully y'all agree with me, because that's what I'm going to do.

Look forward to some more posts this week!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

You should do what you want to do - it is your contest, your blog, your life! ;)

I'm glad your grandmother is doing better. It is stressful for a family member to be ill.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Oh, good to hear that your grandmother is feeling better!

In regards to your contest. I think that since it's your contest, that gives you ultimate rights to change the rules. In fact, with all that you've been going through, I would have completely understood if'n you'd cancelled the contest...though I'm awful glad you didn't!
I'm new to your blog and your contest, but I'm especially excited to win some of that handspun! I even put a link to it in my blog, though I must admit, nobody reads my blog. ;D

Turtle said...

lol sweetie it's so your blog, do as you like!! smile Glad to hear things are going well!

knitmomma said...

Aw,, what a nice thing! I've only just discovered your blog, and at a tough time for you, it seems. Do what is right for you, of course!

You have been inspiring my spinning a bit...thanks! and I'm so glad your grandmother is doing better.

Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect! So glad to hear that your grandma is doing better!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...